The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Monday, March 12, 2012

Write on Wednesdays: Zany

Write On Wednesdays
First off, I want to thank Gill at inkpaperpen for letting me host Write on Wednesdays this week. I am really excited, and glad to give her a break, as she works wonderfully hard writing prompts and reading all our work. We couldn't have done it without her!

For this week, I wanted to explore characters a little more. When I say characters, I mean characters. There are so many people we interact with every day, and I can't help but imagine their stories as I see them. What does the mailman do when his work is done? Why does the grocery lady always wear the same earrings? Of course, we have the normal people in our lives, but I am sure everyone has their fair share of zaniness.

Personally, I love things just a little quirky. I am the first to admit that I am a little strange, and gladly. I confess to wearing interesting flowing skirts or reading Shakespeare's sonnets at dinner or walking barefoot in the rain. I also love quirky people. Last week, a woman stopped her car in front of my house, walked around, and let a small pink piglet out of the back. Keep in mind that I live in a normal suburban area with houses, not farms. She put a red leash on the pig and proceeded to stroll down the street as if nothing strange was happening. I thought it was the greatest!

So here is your challenge for the week, WoWer's.

Write on Wednesdays: Zany
Zany, adj.
amusingly unconventional or idiosyncratic.

This week, try to find the zany in your life, or just create the zany in someone else's. Feel free to write a fictional quirky character, or take inspiration from your own life. Wherever the prompt takes you, a letter, poem, song, anything you feel like writing. Keep your post on the short side: up to 500 words OR a 5 minute stream of consciousness exercise. Link your finished piece to the list and begin popping by the other links to enjoy others writing. The linky will be open from Monday to Friday.

Have fun discovering the wacky, zany, quirky, silly, crazy side of yourselves!

Claire

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun :) Thanks for taking over this week to give Gill a break - much as I know she deserves it I have (selfishly) missed WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for helping Gill out Claire! I too have missed WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. alright! claire.
    nice intro. and great idea. i, too, love the quirkiness in people. Time to think, think, think... hm, what to write?

    thanks for filling in. i look forward to weekly WoW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this one! Thanks for hosting WOW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Claire! Love the zany prompt and the red-leashed piglet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I'll add myself to the list of WOWers who thank Claire for substituting Gill while she's on her well-deserved holiday (just found out, don't kill me!). Great prompt, too. =)

    I'm still battling with the internet connection here and I'm about a third through this semester's share of university work, but I'll stop by to read and write as often as I can.

    By the way, Claire, I have no idea how long you've had your new(?) background image, but it's beautiful. I'm a sucker for maps, especially old and inaccurate ones.

    / Rain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad to see you back, and hopefully you will have time to write again soon.

      Delete

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.