The Story of my Blog Title

Quilt of Dragonflies- My blog is named that for a reason.I am lucky enough to own a genuine Quilt of Dragonflies, which I am sure brings me good dreams when I sleep beneath it. It was given to me by a friend of my mother's, who handmade the entire thing. Color meets pattern in this fantastic piece of artwork which sits on my bed. Brilliant shades of purple, blue, and green intersperse with tie dye dragonflies. I will not hesitate to call it my inspiration.







Friday, March 16, 2012

The Game

When the game is not about the game
Stop
When the field is not the field,
But a place to hurt others, to argue and whine
When your mind is clouded and your forehead
Wrinkled in a frown
Stop
When you feel angry and you want
Revenge. Vengeance. Stop.

The game is not about vengeance. Not about being
Bloodthirsty or eager to deal
What has been dealt to you.
The game is about smiling and 
Running. Getting sweaty and loving what
You do. It is about every touch on the ball
Every cheer from teammates.
Not the decisions of a referee.
Not the score or the number of times she whispered something
Mean under her breath.

The game is about the game. Keep it that way.
If the game is not about the game.
Stop
Stop and think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading my piece. I am always looking for inspiring words, suggestions, and feelings you got from reading this. Please leave your thoughts here.